Sunday, March 12, 2017

hobbitish {solsc day 12}


It is spring break, and I'm feeling rather hobbitish.
I'm not rushing off to parts unknown for adventure.  I'm staying at home, and I couldn't be more thrilled.

I'm tired.  This year has been exhausting, to tell you the truth.  Wonderful in many ways, but exhausting. I have become intentional in creating white space in my day, but it isn't always super successful.

This break I just want to sleep, and take walks, and read, and write, and watch movies, and think and be.  Basically, I want to do whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it.  This is a rare treat and it is utter bliss!

This weekend has been delicious.  I've slept with no alarm clocks set.  I've meandered around with my little one in our beautiful sleepy downtown (we live in a college town, and it is their spring break, too, so we are extra quiet this week).  We ate cupcakes at the new bakery and took our Flat Stanley visitor around to some local landmarks.

I've been reading The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas and The Innovator's Mindset by George Couros. I've had dinner on a back patio with a dear friend and I've watched Moana.  I've napped and taken hot baths and contemplated life.  And I've taken the time to work on making daily writing a habit.

Here's to spring breaks that come exactly when you need them! And here's to being happy to be hobbitish!



5 comments:

  1. Glad you are able to relax!! It can definitely be tough to actual talk the breaks you give yourself, but sounds like your Spring Break is off to a great start :)

    (from hannanabanana @ hannahshappenings.net)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delightful! I jut finished The Hate U Give and will be reviewing it tomorrow for #IMWAYR. SUCH a powerful story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought The Hate U Give! This sounds like an amazing break to refresh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Hobbitish is definitely my preference for any break! Sit back, relax, and enjoy that downtime :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I get older I want to be at home more and more! It helps that the people there are my favorite too!
    https://tammysreadinglife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete